Role: (1): Customer Experience Intern CLOSED
Argus Group is an innovative global insurance and financial services company.
We believe that student internships are a great opportunity for experiential learning, where students bring innovative ideas, enthusiasm and quality work to real business challenges. In exchange, Argus provides a global experience, culture of inclusion, professional collaboration, and continuous learning. In 2021, we received the University of Waterloo employer Impact Award for Impact in International Excellence and outstanding Co-Op partnership.
As an intern on our Customer Experience team, you will get the chance to contribute customer experience (CX) research, innovation, design, and marketing projects.
We can provde:
- Understand Argus, our history, mission, culture and market presence
- Meaningful work making a difference in customers' lives and critical to the strategic mission of the Argus Group
- Hands on training, mentorship and coaching
- Learn and interact with other parts of the organization: claims, actuarial, operations, compliance, legal, IT, risk management, medical practices
- Unique opportunity to interact with senior management
- Create and develop a network of Argus employees through your experience
We're looking for:
- Innovation, passion, and enthusiasm for the role
- Unique perspective for implementing new ideas and creating value for customers
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills accompanied by critical thinking and intellectual curiosity
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Leadership, responsibility and self-management abilities
Athene is the leading financial services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed to help people retire better. We're looking for dynamic and proactive individuals to join our team of Game Changers.
We are seeking the next generation of talented university students with an interest in pursuing a carer in business to apply for summer employment opportunities within our Actuarial, Finance, Client Management, and Legal teams. Students will have an opportunity to:
- Gain valuable work experience at a growing and dynamic company
- Participate in targeted training programs
- Contribute to a group project
- Meet with and make a presentation to Company Leaders
- Get involved in a community outreach activity
We are specifically looking for students pursuing careers in actuarial, financial reporting, law and life reinsurance and invite applications from candidates with the following key skills and characteristics:
- Pursuing a degree in a business related subject, such as Accounting, Actuarial, Law, Marketing or other general business area
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to form connections with all levels of staff and be willing to learn in a fast-paced business environment
- Strong communication and organiztional skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to research and work on own initiative
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite would be beneficial
- Possess Bermudian, Spouse of Bermudian or PRC holder status
Interested applicants should apply via the Athene website at www.athene.com/careers. All resumes will be handled in complete confidence.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by Bermuda law.
The closing date for applications is January 31, 2024.
Role (1): Actuarial & Finance CLOSED
Agam Bermuda ISAC Ltd. (“Agam ISAC”) was founded in 2022 and is an Incorporated Segregated Account Company with a Class E long-term license. Agam ISAC is the first of its kind in Bermuda and is responsible for the set-up and management of Incorporated Segregated Account insurers, including AeBe ISA Ltd., which transacted its first deal in 2022.
The successful intern will work across the actuarial and finance teams, supporting actuarial, financial and client reporting, and any other ad-hoc projects. Since the company is in the start-up phase with a small team, this is a great opportunity for a hard-working and entrepreneurial intern to get hands-on experience and exposure to all areas and levels across the organization. We hope this will be a valuable and enjoyable learning experience!
We are looking for interns who are pursuing a degree in mathematics, actuarial science, accounting, economics, or related business and quantitative fields.
Role (1): Enterprise Risk Management Intern
Fortitude Reinsurance Company Ltd. (Fortitude Re) is one of the world's leading providers of legacy reinsurance solutions. They work with the world's leading insurance companies to help them execute comprehensive, transformational solutions for legacy Life & Annuity and P&C lines. Fortitude Re manages a general account of approximately $55 billion across life, annuity, and property & casualty insurance products. The company takes a long-term view on growth and is proud to be backed by a consortium of sophisticted institutiional investors led by The Carlyle Group and T&D Insurance Group. Incorporated under the laws of Bermuda on January 1, 2017, Fortitude Re's roots in the insurance industry and experience of their leadership go back many decades.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with ERM teams to support various business functions within Enterprise Risk Management.
- Work with internal SMEs on key initiatives.
- Support the preparation of risk reports, including risk assessment findings and recommendations.
- Participate in meetings and discussions relating to risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Collaborate with the ERM team to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
What You Will Have:
- Must be a rising Senior currently pursuing a bachelor's degree as a rising senior in actuarial, risk management, quantitative finance, or a related field.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and use analytic software packages, data visualization tools, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility.
We are seeking talented, motivated university and college students who are committed to maintaining the highest standards of academic achievement. Our trainees will gain valuable work experience while being guided through the various tasks and responsibilities of our business units. Each trainee will have the opportunity to work with and learn from a knowledgeable mentor who will coach them throughout the program.
Program Description & Length:
- The program is designed to give Bermudian university students and those with permission to work in Bermuda (e.g. PRC Holders) hands-on work experience in an area of interest.
- Each year, we will seek to place three interns throughout the organization.
- We inspire to give all eligible participants the opportunity to build a relationship with the Company. Our Company also gets the benefit of guiding the Interns with the aim of continuing the relationship post-graduation leading into future employment discussions.
- Proof of Bermudian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC)
- Cover letter describing career aspirations and why we should consider you for the program
- One character reference
- Unofficial transcripts confirming GPA of 3.0 or higher with good academic standing.
GA Re is the Bermuda-based entity of The Global Atlantic Financial Group Limited (TGAFGL). Through its subsidiaries TGAFGL offers a broad range of retirement, life and reinsurance products designed to help their customers address financial challenges, with confidence. GA Re is a fast paced, collaborative entrepreneurial culture, committed to investing in its people because it believes they are critical to the long-term success of its business.
Applicants should be majoring in Actuarial Science and Finance; however, consideration will be given to business-related fields (e.g., accounting, (re)insurance, economics, etc.). The successful applicant will work with the Actuarial, Finance and Risk teams and will have opportunities to gain hands-on experience with production processes and entry-level finance functions. Depending on the intern's specific skill set, opportunities may also exist to conduct a research project/present recommendation based on findings, and if tech-savvy, to build a technical tool for potential ongoing use within the organization.
Click HERE to lean more about Global Atlantic Re Limited.
Kuvare Services Bermuda ("Kuvare" or “KSB”) serves as a Bermuda management services company providing services to Kuvare Life Re Ltd. (“KLR”), Kuvare Bermuda Re Ltd. (“KBR”), Kindley Re Ltd. and any future Kuvare-sponsored enterprises providing daily operations, including financial and statutory reporting, ongoing execution of reinsurance settlements, actuarial analysis and reporting, and banking and treasury functions. This is a great opportunity for a hard-working intern to work with finance, actuarial, risk and operational teams getting hands-on experience and exposure to all areas across the organization.
The successful applicant should be pursuing a degree in mathematics, actuarial science, accounting, economics, or related business fields with an anticipated graduation date of 2025/2026. Competent in Excel, Outlook, and Word (PowerPoint a plus).
Click HERE to learn mor about Kuvare Services Bermuda Ltd.
Resolution Re is a Bermudian domiciled Class E reinsurer and part of the Resolution Life Group. We construct innovative reinsurance solutions for in-force life insurance portfolios, allowing insurers to optimize their risk management.
We are a technology-ppwered global reinsurer with a team of high performing, diverse and passionate people with agility and resources to support insurers in finding the right solutions for complex challenges.
The intern roles represents a exciting opportunity to get real hands-on experience as part of a fast growing, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment, working with experienced actuaries, accountants, investment and compliance professionals. You will be assisting the Bermuda team in production and analysis of financial and/or actuarial results and have an opportunity to complete a research project relevance to business.
The successful applicants will be pursuing a degree in math's, actuarial science, data science, accounting, economic or other related business field.
Click HERE for mor information on Resolution Life.
Phoenix Re is a part of the Phoenix Group. Our summer internship position is a way to gain insight into and experience Life Reinsurance, hands on. You will be part of our Bermuda team and rotate across key departments of our company including but not limited to Actuarial, Finance, Risk and project work.
Prosperity Life Assurance Limited
Roles (1): Finance and Accounting
Prosperity Life Assurance Limited (“PLAL”) is a Bermuda exempted company incorporated on March 5, 2020. PLAL is registered with the Bermuda Monetary Authority as a Class E long-term insurer. PLAL has assets of approximately $4.0 billion and is part of the Prosperity Life Group of companies (https://www.prosperitylife.com/), which provides customized and innovative capital, investments and risk management solutions to its reinsurance clients; along with providing financial security to middle-market consumers through protection, asset accumulation, and supplemental products.
We are seeking students pursuing a career in accounting and financial reporting to apply for summer employment within our finance team. The successful applicant will work directly with our finance team and will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with entry level finance and operational functions including quarterly reporting and reinsurance accounting.
RGA Global Reinsurance Company Ltd
Role (1): Actuarial and Regulatory Compliance Assistant
- Assist and compile data to support regulatory group capital reporting requirements
- Develop, maintain and/or review actuarial models in Excel and other applications, including setting up and maintaining appropriate assumptions
- Perform valuation work and ad-hoc department projects as needed and called upon
- Provide support to actuaries and assist with special projects
- Contribute to the development, documentation, maintenance and enhancement of processes, procedures, and controls
- Assist the Chief Underwriting Officer and Chief Compliance Officer in liaising with the Bermuda Monetary Authority on all relevant regulatory compliance matters, including filing of regulatory returns and business approval requests.
Applicants should be:
- 1st or 2nd year college student at a recognized university
- Majoring in Finance/Accounting/Math/Business Administration/Actuarial or related field of study.
Click HERE to learn more about RGA Global Reinsurance Company Ltd.
Role (1): Actuarial
Somerset Re Ltd. is a diversified professional reinsurer of life and annuity products headquartered in Bermuda with a focus on providing bespoke reinsurance solutions for new business flow and in-force blocks for U.S. and international life insurance companies.
Somerset Re is looking for an ambitious, self-motivated university-level student to join this growing company for the summer of 2024. Summer interns will have the opportunity to work with experienced actuaries, accountants, and investment professionals, as well as gaining an understanding of how an international life and annuity reinsurance company operates.
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with reconciliation of financial data
- Assisting with maintenance and development of actuarial projection models
- Supporting the ongoing performance evaluation of existing reinsurance contracts
- Assisting with data validation in the due diligence process
- Supporting overall asset management activities and analysis
- Supporting the ongoing performance evaluation of existing reinsurance contracts
- Assist with quarterly financial reporting
Our internship program is designed to provide students with work assignments and projects that are challenging, educational and promote personal and professional development.
To learn more about Somerset Re, click HERE.
Sun Life International
Experience Sun Life through an internship, offered throughout the year in a variety of areas. Take charge of your career - before you graduate!
Our student internships offer a chance to explore Sun Life from the inside. You'll make a difference, while building the skills and experience that allow you to grow in a meaningful and rewarding way.
The Sun Life International interns will have the opportunity to gain experience in their area of study including; Actuarial, Underwriting, Reinsurance, Distribution, Finance and Operations. The internship will offer the ability to attend lunch & learns, receive in-house and online learning, attend networking events with business leaders, and meet other interns within other Sun Life business across the globe.
Learn more about Sun Life International HERE.
Role (2): Actuarial Intern | Financial Reporting Intern
Resolution Re is a Bermuda domiciled Class E reinsurer and part of the Resolution Life Group. We construct innovative reinsurance solutions for in-force life insurance portfolios, allowing insurers to optimise their risk management.
We are a technology-powered global reinsurer with a team of high performing, diverse and passionate people with the agility and resources to support insurers in finding the right solutions for complex challenges.
This intern role represents an exciting opportunity to get real hands-on experience as part of a fast growing, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment, working with experienced actuaries, accountants, investment and compliance professionals. You will be assisting the Bermudian team in production and analysis of financial and/or actuarial results and have an opportunity to complete a research project of relevance to the business.
The successful applicant will be pursuing a degree in math, actuarial science, data science, accounting, economic or other related business field.
Click HERE for more information on Resolution Life.
Role (1): Actuarial Intern
Wilton Re Bermuda is seeking to add an intern to our Bermuda team for a full-time position over a period of 10-12 weeks as part of our commitment to career development for Bermudians considering the actuarial space and the life reinsurance sector. This is an exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and develop new skills while working on active Wilton Re projects. Interns will connect to our company culture through frequent meetings and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through exposure to senior leadership, unique projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns.
During your tenure, you can expect the following:
- Practical applications and corporate exposures involving projects on valuation and data analysis
- Weekly collaborative meetings with team members throughout the entire company
- Lunch and Learn sessions with interns in the BILTIR programme and the Wilton Re (Group) Internship Program
- Direct mentoring with key Company Executives
What you can Expect at Wilton Re
- Meaningful project-based work
- Networking with senior leaders
- Working with an assigned mentor
- Competitive pay
- Professional development sessions
The successful applicant must be:
- A university student majoring in mathematics or actuarial science
- Interested in pursuing life actuarial exams
- Competent in Excel, Outlook and Word (PowerPoint a plus)
- Attending a 4-year university, pursuing a bachelors level degree
- Adaptable and positive attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Continuous growth mindset
- Collaborative and innovative
Click HERE to learn about Wilton Re Bermuda.